People with a low tolerance for cold weather may sympathise more highly with me in this post. Especially those who are real fashionistas and believe in the 'oi leng moi mang' (want beauty, don't want life - direct translation) statement.
When I first came here on holiday bout 2 years ago, I brought minimal clothing so as not to have too much luggage and a pair of shopping slippers and a pair of sports shoes. My clothes consisted of long sleeve tops, vests I could layer with and long pants. No shorts.
By the end of the three week trip, I was dying to get back and start wearing shorts and sleeveless tops again. Bleh.
This time around, it's no 'easy' two week trip that'll end just round the next corner. So because I'm stubborn and yes, I'm one of those 'oi leng moi mang' people, I've decided not to care anymore! I mean, I know la that jeans are like the easiest thing to match (and thank God they're also the warmest thing around) but a girl would like some variation too. And I get so jealous when I see other girls (who've obviously been here longer than I have) sporting shorts and skirts. So, here my act of defiance! I'm wearing tropical shorts today! Hmph!
*legs turn into ice cream sticks* ah well..... -_-"
When I first came here on holiday bout 2 years ago, I brought minimal clothing so as not to have too much luggage and a pair of shopping slippers and a pair of sports shoes. My clothes consisted of long sleeve tops, vests I could layer with and long pants. No shorts.
By the end of the three week trip, I was dying to get back and start wearing shorts and sleeveless tops again. Bleh.
This time around, it's no 'easy' two week trip that'll end just round the next corner. So because I'm stubborn and yes, I'm one of those 'oi leng moi mang' people, I've decided not to care anymore! I mean, I know la that jeans are like the easiest thing to match (and thank God they're also the warmest thing around) but a girl would like some variation too. And I get so jealous when I see other girls (who've obviously been here longer than I have) sporting shorts and skirts. So, here my act of defiance! I'm wearing tropical shorts today! Hmph!
*legs turn into ice cream sticks* ah well..... -_-"


|